Weekend Food Trip: Chinatown


I was feeling really lazy to post anything these past few days..I guess I was too caught up with the aesthetics of this blog rather than the content. Forgive me dear readers (yup! I do have readers...a lot of them I either begged or coerced and out of pity ^_^ would regularly take a look at the stuff I put here.. I was supposed to post this last Monday but then the laziness bug got the better of me hence the delay. We didn't have much to do last weekend and I was really too melancholic to cook lunch, so we decided to troop over to Ongpin St. in Binondo and get ourselves some Chinese food. Chinese food is really a guaranteed mood uplifter for me. Up to know, I simply can explain why after a bowl of fried hofan noodles, I just feel so happy! Probably something to do with being so full :P..Almost always Chinese restaurants have big servings. We got down from the cab in front of Sta. Cruz Church and just went for a stroll along Ongpin jewelry shops and we decided to look for small restaurants along the street for some authentic Chinese cuisine. We found a small restaurant along Ongpin (no name at all..) just near BDO and the corner grocery/mart a few blocks from the Chinese-Filipino friendship gate. The food was delicious and the price? Whew! A big bowl of fried noodles with loads of veggies goes for about P140 only, fried rice for a lot less than P150, dimsum P50 below, roasted pork (asado - hongkong style) for only P145! I think it was an absolute treat!

Now next weekend I'll be looking forward to another affordable and yummy lunch..




Post a Comment

1 Comments