I'm currently living in the tropics, no fall/autumn here but still these months it gets colder so I think this tips would apply to us as well. So gone, are the summery, warm days and here we are settling in on an increasingly colder season.
It's quite easy to decide on the color palettes you want to make use of for the cooler months of autumn. See...
It's time to shelve those cheery, summer colors and go for rich and warm tones to give us that oh! so cozy feeling inside our homes. Of course, you need not change your entire decor just to remove it when the season ends. By simply adding some bit and pieces of decor and accents, it will give us that cozy autumn vibe without costing megabucks.Here's some not so expensive yet cool tips:
- Swap your usual table covers with ones with autumn inspired prints! Check out these items from Target.com
- If changing your table cloth is not your thing, then why not pick a neutral colored table cloth and just add in these autumn themed accents?
- Re-arrange your furniture! Create a cozier living arrangements, group some seats together with a coffee/side table nearby.
- Candles adds a warm glow to any room. So, go on take out those candles lounging on your storage cabinets and warm up your home.
from William Sonoma
from West Elm
- Get out those warm area rugs and cover hard floors to warm your chilled feet.
available at Horchow
from World Market
- Decorative pillows make great accents...
- Tack on some autumn inspired wall decor and artwork..
both from World Market
- Change your floral centerpiece to something that's themed Holloween! Check out these assorted items and get inspired..
from Pottery Barn Kids
from Pottery Barn
from World Market
Also check out Better Homes and Garden for some excellent articles and tips on decorating for autumn and fall. See also these guide books for home decorating from Amazon.com