Adding a decorative planter, is one great way of adding some life and color to any area of your home. Even if you have a cramped space, you can still have a variety of options to highlight an area with different kinds of planters. Vibrant colored blooms can really do a lot to an otherwise blank and boring space in your garden or even inside your house.
Some might have worries that their space is too small, but no matter what size your space for your planters are, you can still make it work, just by choosing the right planters as well as the right selection of plants you want to have. Here's some tips that might be helpful for those starting out with garden planters.
1. Choose a specific area where you want to have your planter. Measure the size of the wall, this is important because this will guide you in choosing your planters.
2. Choose your planter. Have fun with this and don't limit yourself. There are great choices when it comes to planters that would suit your needs, there are window box planters, garden planters, indoor planters etc, and they also come made from various materials like ceramics, plastics etc.
3. Make sure you have an accessible water supply so watering can be easier. Make sure also that your planters have a way to catch overflowing water, particularly if you are using indoor planters.
4. Choose your flowers and plants. This time use your imagination as well as common sense too. Consider the needs of the plants, your local gardener or horticulturalist may be able to help.
5. For wall planters, it is a great idea to mix plants that grow in different heights. And as for colors, really is up to you.
6. If you want it to be more decorative, there are also stone or ceramic objects that you can add to your planters.