Why I Love Modern Furnishings..


Someone asked me why I love contemporary, modern furniture when it could be cold, austere, stark or too sparse. I have several reasons, first I like the sleek and clean lines of contemporary furniture. It's a personal preference, I just simply like simple, unembellished lines in furnitures.

Another reason is that I have clutter and too much furnishings. I feel suffocated when furnishings are too ornate or have too much decoration. I do appreciate those traditional furniture particularly those made of wood with amazingly creative carvings and I sometimes use it in our home but only sparsely. I find them beautiful to look at but it could be extremely uncomfortable too, I mean who would sit back and relax on a fully-carved sofa seat?
My parents both like really ornate furnishing and it just well because their house is huge so they have a lot of space and all those decorative stuff could still be muted out by extra spaces but growing up in that house I could say that really our dining furniture is tad rough and uncomfortable for my back.

I also love the muted colors of modern furnishings. Others have really intense colors, most of contemporary furnitures though come in muted, easy to match shades like white, gray, black, chrome, silver.

With those colors, its still easy to make a room vivid and colorful with easy additions of colorful accessories, say for a bedroom with simple and sleek bed, like a platform bed, simply throw in funky and vibrant bedspread with pillows in solid colors or beddings in bold color matched with multi-colored pillowcases. Alternatively, you can also spruce things up using your window shades or curtains, get one with vivid patterns or colors and you can also add in wall decor in shades you want. Now you'll have a modern bedroom that is rich and full of character!

Post a Comment

0 Comments