Sculpted Ice Palaces..

Got this on my inbox this morning and I just found it absolutely fascinating. Don't ask me where it is I really have no idea where it is. If you know, please do drop me a comment :) I'm guessing it's China coz of the Buddha and what looks like the Great Wall..


















Wikipedia describes Ice Sculpture as a form of sculpture that uses ice as the raw material. Sculptures from ice can be abstract or realistic and can be functional or purely decorative. Ice sculptures are generally associated with special or extravagant events because of their limited lifetime.

The lifetime of a sculpture is determined primarily by the temperature of its environment and thus, a sculpture can last from mere minutes to possibly months. There are several ice festivals held around the world, hosting competitions of ice sculpture carving.

Imagine creating something as spectacular as this and have it melt in just a few hours.. 



Post a Comment

0 Comments