What's in Your Mailbox?

Our house doesn't have a mailbox! It doesn't even have an address plaque.. which makes it harder for the mailman to deliver our mails and bills. A couple of times it actually ended up a few blocks from our house or in our neighbors mailbox.

It was my 5-year old daughter who actually pointed it out to me. She was so charmed with a mailbox she usually passes by near the village playground. She kept on saying, Mom, we need to get a mailbox like that! It was actually cute and looked more like a birdhouse than a residential mailbox. I'm inclined to agree with her. Though these times its not often we get really handwritten letters and what we would usually found sitting on our mailboxes are bills and more bills, it would still be neat to have one.

A mailbox I think is more than just a piece of furniture waiting and sweltering out under the sun, outside your house. It can be an expression of your own personality, a showcase of your decorating skills and your personal style.If I were to get one, I'd choose one which shows a lot of individuality and spunk. It should really stand out and tell a little about myself. Oh, and I shouldn't forget including the right address plaque to guide those wayward bills right? I think that will be my next home improvement project.


Post a Comment

0 Comments