Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware

I love cooking and one of my shopping obsessions are cookware sets! And I have lots of them. And they are not just for display, I really make use of them frequently. The problem now that makes me wanna tear my hair out is that, frequent use leaves a lot of stain on my pots. And I can't have that, I love them that dearly. 


So I've been looking up different ways and tips on keeping the stainless steel cookwares stain free and clean. First thing, keep in mind that abrasive cleaning tools like steel brushes can damage the surface of the pots.  But removing the stain without them is really challenging, so what to do?


  • Soak your pots in your sink filled with hot water mixed with dish washing liquid for about 10-15 minutes.
  • Scrub clean the pot with a nylon scrubbing pad. 
  • If the stain is still there apply club soda directly on the stain and re-scrub it with the nylon scrub.
  • Rinse the pot well. Then wipe the pot with a terry cloth dipped in a little white vinegar.  White vinegar will remove the most stubborn of stains usually from extreme heat. 
  • If you want to have the pot sparkling clean and shiny, white vinegar can be used. Add vinegar to the pot, spread the vinegar with a soft cloth and let it stand for about 30 minutes. Then wash it clean with detergent and rinse with water.

Post a Comment

0 Comments