Lead Free Glazes and Other Art Materials

Art Materials

Do you like art? Do you find doing something creative with your hands enjoyable? Me, I find it extremely enjoyable. When I'm doing something like drawing, painting, cutouts, scrapbooks, bead work, fashion jewelry or whatever project I could think of I find myself relieved of stress, energized and more ideas come to me. I always get a great sense of gratification whenever I finish an art project. It doesn't matter if its not perfect or really outstanding so long as its made by me and expresses what I feel.

There is one art I'd like to learn - pottery. I have a friend who so into it and what she could create is just so amazing. Everything just seems so delicate and so refined that I can't imagine it being made by just human hands. I don't really have much time to start on this new hobby, but she advices when you start out in pottery to get good materials. I'm particularly interested in glazed pottery so she said I have to choose good quality liquid glazes. She also advices to choose non-toxic glazes.

I found a company AMACO/rent offering supplies for pottery and other crafts. Their product list is particularly impressive and I particularly like the glaze chalk. I'm not sure what I could do with it yet, maybe for our next weekend painting project. I like the colors and what makes me want it for my art supplies is that it is lead free!

If you are into arts and planning to shop for your art materials, check out AMACO/Brent product website. They have all kinds of materials you can get creative with, clays, glazes, pottery equipment, dyes, paints, scrapbooking materials, brushes, molds, framing, glass products, kilns, plus resource materials. Definitely a haven for the artist in you and your kids..



Post a Comment

0 Comments