Sunscreens, A Must Have!

One of the things I needed to adjust to here in Phnom Penh is that, there are no jeepneys or buses around. There are taxis but they are just "tlai" or expensive and not really practical if you're just going short distances. People here usually have their own motorbikes or cars. If I have to go somewhere on my own and no one is available to drive me around, I don't have choice but to take motodop or cyclo. Public transport here means the motodop, cyclo or the tuk-tuk. The tuk-tuk is covered so it can provide some protection against the heat of the sun, but its a little expensive too particularly for me who has yet to learn the Khmer language and master my bargaining skills.

So the best option is to take motodop or cyclo.
The problem with these is that it doesn't have cover so I get really too exposed to the sun. I've finally understood why people here like using long-sleeved shirts and long pants. Just to protect their skin from burning. But I don't think I could wear something long coz it'll make me sweat a lot and feeling sticky just grosses me out.

At times, I don't have much choice but to wear a thin jacket. I also apply sunscreens to avoid sun burns, although I have no aversion to being tanned, I don't like being burned as it turns my skin red and I end up looking like a roasted pig.
The lotion I use regularly now contains sun protection and I always have sunscreens on hand just in case I have to stay out in the sun for sometime. Thankfully, I haven't been "burned" yet.


Post a Comment

0 Comments