I Want A Fireplace!

Not me. My daughter said that. Hubby and I had been looking around for some house plans and we always ask our 5-year daughter for suggestions. She has two. She wants a balcony and she wants a fireplace. Lol! I told her were going to live in the tropics so we won't need to install gas fires or other fireplace fixtures.

I was curious as to why she thought it would be nice to have a fireplace in our home. She says its warm and she likes the lights from the fire. She said she watched some cartoons with houses with real fireplaces and it looks really nice.

What she said is true and I agree with her.. Fireplaces really does lend a warm glow to a room and sets a mood. I've noticed that homes with fireplaces certainly have a warm ambiance and just makes me want to snuggle and sleep when its cold. Fireplaces not only enhance a rooms total look but basically it keeps the room warm. It could also bring a sense of style

If we could live in someplace cold, electric fires would be my choice. I like electric fixtures because truth is I don't like messy stuff and it has the added benefit of being able to move it to another location. Of course I will choose a fireplace that will match the total look of my room.

Isn't it wonderful to fantasize? There are time I enjoy thinking about what if's and possibilities. Haha! I did explain to my daughter why we can't install one fireplace when we build our new home. She understands now that fireplaces are really for cold places so she's not insisting anymore. For now her "balcony" is in the plan so at least she gets one of her wishes and she's happy with it.

Post a Comment

0 Comments