More on Mom's Garden

I've mentioned in my previous post that my mom is really into gardening. She's all smiles when I told her I want to blog about her beloved plants. My dad has been retired for more than a decade already and my mom just retired three years ago. Both of them have a passion for gardening so that's what they have been doing since retiring.



My siblings love it because both of them can get lots of exercise and sunshine while they pursue this hobby. Having a beautiful outdoor garden is an added bonus. I love to garden too though I'm not so passionate about it.. yet. Another thing my mom really likes is shopping for the right planters. She has a lot of plants that she'd like to have outdoors and bring indoors depending on her whim or if she wants to change the look of the living area and the patio. For her favorite indoor and outdoor plants she'd of course choose decorative planters to match the house interiors. She keep saying the plant itself is attractive but add a matching decorative planter will make it more stunning.


Her next project is to get some window box planters which should be about half meter above the ground because she's now complaining that chickens keep scratching out her plants. See the photo? Those that are newly planted has to be surrounded by short fences and nets to keep out the chickens.



Sigh! I want to be like her when I'm old. It's simply lovely looking at her garden...And she says it provides a great setting when she's reading romance paperback novels..Lol! Seriously, Mom keeps saying your garden should be your sanctuary. It should speak about the things you love. Choose the plants you like, the colors you love, add up a special seating area where you can relax and think about the day..

Post a Comment

0 Comments