Turning Girly Girl...


Being a first time mom is a great source of wonder and sometime anxiety for me. When my daughter turned turned three I was really amazed and anxious coz she was really acting like a boy.

I mean I put her in a company of girls her age and she's be so bored and asking instead to watch cartoons or have her snacks instead of playing with dolls or girl stuff..But put her in a company of little boys and wow she'd be so thrilled and play hide and seek, running around with them and all boy games. She didn't like pink or "girl colors", she preferred pajamas and jeans and almost always picked rubber shoes for her footwear.

I haven't got much experience with kids, I was really thinking this is really not normal. I kept on buying her dolls and playhouses, but she never played with them preferring instead yoyo's, play swords, tops and other toys usually for boys.

Now, though, it seems I was worrying for no reason at all. When she turned 4 last year I've noticed she started trying on my sandals so I bought her first girlie shoes, I guess she got the hang of it and now she's asking for high heeled shoes! She now mixes some pink or red in her clothes and now wears skirts (with ruffles pa!). And to top it all, last Christmas, she actually asked for a Barbie doll.. :P

I guess motherhood is still a learning experience for me..one experience I am thoroughly enjoying...Now, I'm dreading the first time she asks us if she can go out on a date...

Post a Comment

0 Comments