What are FLIR Infrared Cameras For?

To be really honest, I don't know much about infrared cameras. It only got my attention when I came across an article about FLIR Infrar... thumbnail 1 summary
To be really honest, I don't know much about infrared cameras. It only got my attention when I came across an article about FLIR Infrared Cameras and its uses in home and building construction, design and management. See, that's the first I've heard of it being used in  something related to home.

What I knew about infrared cameras is that they were used in air crafts and military equipment. So that's says something about how outdated I am. In fact, I didn't know infrared cameras are used a lot for building inspections.

It's a non-invasive way to monitor the condition of buildings, sort of like an x-ray for buildings. I think this technology is a big help for construction people. They are used for predictive maintenance. Can you imagine how much safer and cost effective it is if you just learn earlier the state of mechanical and electrical system in your building, or in your home?

I understand that infrared cameras can be quite costly but if you're into building maintenance, construction etc then this technology is worth investing in.

Here's a sample video I saw on youtube on how one can use the infrared camera technology..




No comments

Follow us