Stuff I Know Nothin'About

My husband likes fixing stuff.. He likes making furniture, fixing pipes, tinkering with valves etc. I think if he has the time he'll bu... thumbnail 1 summary
My husband likes fixing stuff.. He likes making furniture, fixing pipes, tinkering with valves etc. I think if he has the time he'll build our house on his own. When it comes to this things, our differences becomes more apparent. Me, if I want to have something to be fixed, I'd grab the latest issue of the yellow pages and search for whoever can fix it the soonest at the most reasonable price.

Hubby does it differently though. If there is something that needs fixing, he'd want to get a shot at fixing it by himself first. His tool box is like a totally alien place for me and I just find it plain weird that he collects different screws, screwdrivers, pliers, valve parts, stuff for fixing pipes, gauges and other tools.

Just recently we had a little discussion about having a bookshelf. He has hundreds of books and we want to organize a small home office, so we both decided to put a bookshelf at one corner of our living area. That's where our agreement ended. Me, I wanted to buy a ready-made one that would match all the other furnishings in the area, while he wanted to make it on his own.

Guess who won? Him. Yes, it took him several days to make it coz of his busy schedule but he still did it. I'm not complaining now coz he looks really happy with the results. Sigh! Husbands and married life... These are the things I should really just understand..


1 comment

Carlos said...

Hi! Care to x-link? I have added you already in my list. Have a nice day! http://carlos-ideas.blogspot.com

Follow us