Hubby's Health Scare..

Just when I thought our first month here in Phnom Penh would be really okay, my husband had to be rushed to the hospital because of gastric ... thumbnail 1 summary
Just when I thought our first month here in Phnom Penh would be really okay, my husband had to be rushed to the hospital because of gastric ulcer. For sometime he has been complaining about burning sensation in his stomach and he kept postponing going for medical check up.

It was a really scary and stressfull experience for me since I am not fluent in Khmer language and I don't know how to talk to the doctors etc. Most of them don't know much English though some could speak French which I don't understand myself.

Thankfully, my in-laws are really supportive and understanding of the fact that I still haven't adjusted to the way things are done here. We were lucky also that we brought him to a governement hospital with complete facilities so he got the necessary treatments. 

I've been feeling really helpless these past few days and it did motivate me to really learn about how to be more independent here. Well, I could at least start to learn how to drive a motorbike so I could drive out on my own..

He developed gastric ulcer coz of his habit of having exactly three meals a day and no snacks. He's now well and at least he's learning to eat smaller meals and take snacks. Getting sick in a foreign place is really difficult so I better stay healthy hmm.. 



No comments

Follow us