Happy 1st Blog Birthday!

I was looking at the calendar this morning and it just struck me that, "Hey! yesterday was my first year as a blogger!". I can... thumbnail 1 summary

I was looking at the calendar this morning and it just struck me that, "Hey! yesterday was my first year as a blogger!". I can't imagine it has been a year already.. hehe and I didn't really think this would turn out as a serious hobby for me.

It was November last year, I was surfing the internet and I came across two blogs, Toe's KuroKuro Atbp and Liza's A Simple Life. Both are written by Filipinas, one a career woman living in another country, the other a very entreprenuer minded stay at home mommy. I found their entries interesting and very engaging and I found myself backreading through all their previous entries. Then it just struck me, could I do this too? I'm not really a very good writer but then if I could share my honest views about life and things around me, some people might want to read me also.

So, Pinaywife Atbp. was born. My guinea pig hehe. I have no idea how to build a site and Blogger is simple and easy to manage so in two days time I had a really simple blog up and running. Trial and error was my way of learning how things are done. But I really had fun especially the part where I had to use a new template, changing the layouts, hunting for posting ideas, and meeting fellow bloggers.

From a trial-and-error Pinaywife Atbp. blog site, I have fallen madly in love with blogging that I started several other blogs some still with Blogger (Laugh Out Loud, Desserthaven..) and after sometime I took the jump and got my own domain and started my 1st wordpress blog - Pinaywifespeaks. Now, I have just launched another wordpress blog - CelebrityadsOnline and there are two others under construction.. (PinkChopsticks and TheOddCatalog).

I suppose now you could see how addicted to blogging I am but I feel really great that these site I enjoy making are now making me some $$$, though not much but enough to pay hosting fees, a daily cup of coffee and a nice pair of shoes every now and then. More than the monetary return, its a great way for me to release stress, update myself with the latest trends and meet people of similar interests.

Cheers to more years of blogging! :)

6 comments

fat said...

Happy 1st Blogoversary!

I'm glad your making some $$$ from your sites. I am newbie from this blogging world but I hope somehow and someday, I will learn the many "how to's" questions.

Keep it up!

Kerslyn said...

happy blogversary!

chinita said...

hi fat, thank you.. up to no I'm still learning the ropes but its really fun..

chinita said...

kerslyn, many thanks sis!

Toe said...

Wow, Happy first Pinaywife! :)

I'm so honored that my blog was one of the first that you bumped into.

More blogging to you and keep on the good job!

Shella said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Deborah

Term Life Insurance

Follow us