Getting My Hair Straight

Our family usually refers to it as the "curse". During our childhood most of us have thick, black and really straight hair. Then w... thumbnail 1 summary
Our family usually refers to it as the "curse". During our childhood most of us have thick, black and really straight hair. Then when we reach the age of about 12-14 all of us, cousins would have our naturally straight hair getting curly or wavy and would be wrestling with the curls and the extra volume.

For me it would have been fine if not for the thickness of my hair. When it became wavy, the volume was just so unmanageable and I felt like I looked like a scarecrow or worse a witch! So, I ended up looking for good hair straightener to help me manage and tone it down.


When I was in high school I used to have it straightened in beauty salons regularly and it cost a lot. My hair has also been severely damaged by the chemicals they use for straightening. For sometime, I decided to give it a rest and let my hair grow back to its healthy and natural shape. After that I decided to look for a professional hair straightener which would let me achieve the straighter hair I want with minimal damage to my hair.

For now I prefer using hair irons so I could just straighten my hair when I need it and leave it as it is when I don't have to go out. Tourmaline hair straightener is also great since it gives off negative ions and enhances the shine of the hair, leaves the hair hydrated, and healthy.

After using an flat hair straightening iron I would always apply a shine serum to keep it shiny and since the heat of course damages the hair, I use an intensive conditioner twice a week to nourish and repair my hair.






No comments

Follow us