Packing Mess and Soon to be Blogging from Phnom Penh

Our house is clutter all around. We've been sorting out our stuff, which ones well have shipped for storage in our parents house in Bico... thumbnail 1 summary
Our house is clutter all around. We've been sorting out our stuff, which ones well have shipped for storage in our parents house in Bicol, which ones for shipping to our new home in Phnom Penh and which ones well be bringing on our trip next week.




I loathe packing but its something that must be done. I've been meaning to sort things out last week but procrastination as well as some events just had me postponing packing. I don't like having the house as messy as this with boxes everywhere and my daughter un-sorting all the things I've already sorted.

On the other hand, I'm a bit glad to have something to be busy with to take my mind off and postpone my homesickness. It'll be a a year maybe before I could come back and visit my parents and I'll definitely miss the Philippines. It has been home for most of my life so there are things I'll miss. I'll even be missing the traffic, the street food, the music, jeepneys, the malls, just hearing the language, and of course I'll be missing my family and friends but well I have to make do with phone calls, chatting and web cams..

For the next few days I will not be able to update this site for obvious reasons and when we get there, I'm not yet sure about the internet connection at home. As I know internet connection in Phnom Penh is expensive and I'll have to do with good old dial-up services or broadband with speeds guaranteed to make me fall asleep. I'm beginning to appreciate Smart Bro now :) , I have the unlimited plan and I can surf anytime, all the time and when I get to Phnom Penh I'll have to wait for the off peak hours so it'll take time for me to get used it. Huh! Some things can really be appreciated when you don't have it anymore..

But expect me to keep updating this site as well as my other sites and I'm kinda excited to blog about my new experiences. New place, new things, new people, new culture and traditions, exotic food, well all translates to new stories to tell. Till next time...

1 comment

simplyjacy said...

i hate packing, moving and unpacking but it has become my way of life for past years.

leaving home is sad... i too wish i could go back to the Philippines. it is my home and it will always be.

Follow us