Getting Certified with Cisco

Growth of the internet is at an unbelievably fast pace and it is a continuous growth. IT related careers are really viable options for those... thumbnail 1 summary
Growth of the internet is at an unbelievably fast pace and it is a continuous growth. IT related careers are really viable options for those who have the passion and the interest in working for the information technology field. But interest and passion for IT would not get you the job you want, because this field is highly specialized so the need for the necessary skills is absolute. If you are interested in being a network professional then one of the best option is to get your Cisco certification.

When I went to college I really haven't realized my interest in being an IT professional. I took up a Business Management course at random and I did fairly well and landed a job right after graduating. After a year's experience with my first employer I moved on to work for a large telecommunications company and even if I worked for marketing and customer service, the company allowed us to explore our interests and there I discovered my knack for working on computers, my interest in network design, network security even web development. It was too late for me to realize that I really wanted to work for the IT field.
Because of this interest I made some friends who are already network professionals and I'm really impressed that majority of them have undergone IT certification program, some of which are from Cisco Career Certifications. They say that the advantage of having these certifications is that they are equipped with more specific knowledge relating to their specific jobs, people and the companies they work for have more confidence in their abilities, they are easily considered for promotions and more trainings, and they could land their dream jobs with more ease.

It's probably not too late for me yet, but I would need some time for me to go back to study and realize my dream of working for IT field. Maybe not right now, but sometime soon in the future. As they say, it's never too late to dream and realize it.


Sponsored by Cisco

No comments

Follow us