Furniture Mayhem in my Hands Soon..

We're supposed to be moving to our new home in Phnom Penh this July, but my husband's dissertation defense schedule keeps moving its... thumbnail 1 summary
We're supposed to be moving to our new home in Phnom Penh this July, but my husband's dissertation defense schedule keeps moving itself so instead of being there already we have now September as our house moving month.

I feel so overwhelmed and a bit panicky because aside from helping out my daughter with her first-time to school transition, I'll also have to worry about choosing the right living room, dining room and bedroom furniture. To say that my life would be hectic would be an understatement.

The house there is new with no furnishings yet so we have to start from scratch. After we got married we lived in Phnom Penh just for a few months and here in Manila for the most part so most of our stuff are all accumulated here. Hubby and I have both decided not to ship our furnishings here and just buy new furniture when we get there. Everything would be furnished from scratch so I was thinking of getting some discount furniture for the non-basics or those we wouldn't be using much.

House has 2 bedrooms plus a smaller room originally intended for storage but we've now decided to convert it into a home office and guest room, so I am also thinking of hunting down good convertible furniture to maximize the space of the small room.

I am now starting a list of stuff we need to purchase immediately and those that can wait. I think its also a good idea to wait for big furniture sales which usually happens during holidays or other sale seasons.

Hmm, I'll have a lot to do for sure by that time and I suppose I won't be able to blog much but hopefully I could still update my sites once in a while..

No comments

Follow us