I dig Modern Furniture!

I am so into modern furniture! I could tirelessly go window shopping for these beautiful yet very functional furnishings. Home furnishing st... thumbnail 1 summary
I am so into modern furniture! I could tirelessly go window shopping for these beautiful yet very functional furnishings. Home furnishing stores are a must visit for me when I'm in my window shopping mood and lately I've been so hooked into browsing online furniture stores. It's very relaxing for me and modern furniture are simply delightful to look at, a feast for the eyes!

Modern furniture are furnitures produced from the late 19th century through the present that is influenced by modernism. It deviated from the furniture designs before it. Dark and richly decorated fabric were replaced with stunning simplicity and geometry usually of polished metal . In short, furniture evolved from being visually heavy to visually light.

There are several styles included in the term modern furniture like art deco, mid-century or industrial. But they share common characteristics and those are simplicity, functionality, quality, technological and architectural elements.

Modern furniture are known for their simplicity so you won't find much embellishments since they use simple, geometric lines. If you want the modern look, then look for simplistic and streamlined shapes. I love it coz it looks so clean and uncluttered. It's also easy to decorate a room with contemporary furniture since most of them are space savers.

Online shops also offer fabulous selection of modern furniture. Being able to see all styles at your own leisure is one of the added advantage of online shopping.



1 comment

furniturefrenzy said...

There is nothing cooler and more contemporary for a dining table then a simple design with great finish! There are so many great modern furniture websites all with different designs!

Follow us