Searching for the Perfect Gift

My mama is coming to visit us next week and would stay with us for a couple of days so I've postponed getting her a Mother's Day gif... thumbnail 1 summary
My mama is coming to visit us next week and would stay with us for a couple of days so I've postponed getting her a Mother's Day gift and would just give it to her in person.

I appreciate my Ma so much now since I became a parent myself. She is a great mom and though that cannot be repaid with material things, I'd still want to see her smile when I give her something she would like and appreciate.

Ma is an avid gardener, so at first I consider giving her a nice, new plant but that would be hard to bring back home. She loves bags and shoes. That is an understatement. She's so into bags and shoes that she has several closets chock full of them so I ruled that out as a gift option. Ma loves jewelry. She has lots of earring and rings sets but not much on gold bracelets and necklaces.

I've surfed online to get myself acquainted with the latest designs and how to choose gold jewelry. Of course, since this is for Ma, I want to get my money's worth and find the one that is truly perfect for her. First advice when it comes to buying gold jewelry whether in store or online, go and purchase from reputable jewelry store. Second, get yourself familiar with karats quality marks. Gold is often mixed with other metals to make it more durable. The karat would tell you the percentage of gold is actually in there.

24K gold is pure gold, which is generally not practical for wearing, as it is too soft; 18K gold is 75 percent gold; 12K gold is 50 percent gold; 10K gold is 41.7 percent gold.

Now that I've acquainted myself with the basics, I'm now concentrating on the latest designs available. I'm amazed at the variety of gold chains, gold rings, necklaces, bracelets available. I still have a few more days so choosing the best would be a breeze.


No comments

Follow us